Cloudy water, water bugs

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
welm@mikrotec.com

Cloudy water, water bugs

Postby welm@mikrotec.com » Fri 23 Jun, 2006 16:59

I have an above ground pool, 27x5, with cloudy water and lots of water bugs - can see stuff floating in the water. I have shocked the pool several times, used clarifier, ph and chlorine levels are good. I have a sand filter. Any suggestions :?

poolpal
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby poolpal » Tue 27 Jun, 2006 13:18

Have you checked your alkaline levels? I had cloudy water for a little while. My pH was fine but the alkaline level was a bit high. I used pH decrease to bring it down. I don't have a sand filter. But, I kept backwashing and washing the filter down and just let it do the work. It cleared up after a few days. Make sure your alkaline level is okay - I believe around 100ppm. I shocked it with calcium hypochlorite (about 1 pound or slightly more - I have a pool that is about 13,000 gallons). When it cleared up more (it was still cloudy). I continuously vaccumed and added another dose of calcium hypochlorite after a few days went by (not shocking but regular dosage to bring the ppm for free chlorine up a bit to about 3ppm - about 2 oz.). It's been clear since. It also helps to make sure your total hardness level is good (I think the minimum amount is between 150 and 175ppm).

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”