Frogs in and around pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Nique

Frogs in and around pool

Postby Nique » Thu 06 Jun, 2013 00:48

Thanks so much for this, my mom made me search this because she has the window closest to the backyard, where the demonic chanting frogs reside . So where did you put the moth balls ?

Nique

Frogs in and around pool

Postby Nique » Thu 06 Jun, 2013 00:52

Oh & when i read your name, i thought about "Oh Darla !" from Lttle Rascals .. kinda irrelevant, but i thought i'd share that w| you :)
aprilturner

Frogs in and around pool

Postby aprilturner » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 02:22

I have the frog problem...and it's now getting complicated with a racoon issue! Frogs love my pool (chlorine and all), racoons love the frogs! Frogs getting caught in skimmer, still plenty others making a raucus, racoons coming right up to the glass doors...making the cats inside howl and the dog barking! calgon take me away!
adamnldt

Frogs in and around pool

Postby adamnldt » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 16:02

Sounds like an unfortunate series of events from a TV show. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that type of calamity, sheesh. I'm sure you've looked around plenty, but here are some solutions I found on the web - http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Frogs

Frogs in and around pool

Postby Guest » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 07:52

Try dryer sheets less poisonous...
Johnweld114

Frogs in and around pool

Postby Johnweld114 » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 21:37

We have the same problem and will try mothballs.
razzbones
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: inground L 30000 gal
AquaRite salt system
McEwen 27 mil vinyl liner
Hayward Pro-Series S244T 24" Inch Inground Swimming Pool Sand Filter
hayward star pump c900
Unicell c-8409 filter
icell c-8409 filter

Frogs in and around pool

Postby razzbones » Sun 28 Jul, 2013 12:21

We would get a frog or 2 in the pool, so I bought a couple Frog Logs on Amazon so they could get out and not drown. Never had issues with them making a racket though. I don't want to find dead frogs in the skimmer.
inground L 30000 gal
AquaRite salt system
McEwen 27 mil vinyl liner
Hayward Pro-Series S244T 24" Inch Inground Swimming Pool Sand Filter
hayward star pump c900
Unicell c-8409 filter
bamagal

Frogs in and around pool

Postby bamagal » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 16:42

Darla, Thank-you for the good work. I will try mothballs. We moved into a home with an in ground pool and it is a home for frogs. We have been removing the plants around the pool, going to replace the liner and refill.
I have never seen so many frogs in one place. We have dogs in the yard also but the pool is fenced.
Carol-0

Frogs in and around pool

Postby Carol-0 » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:28

I second the vote for "Frog Log." When I moved into my present home, I had frogs desperately swimming in the pool every morning. I bought the Frog Logs and have never had to remove a frog since. It is humane, a a marvelous invention, and keeps on working. It is now the second summer and continues to do the job. The racoons and other critters will have no reason to hang around. Hope this helps!
Mercedes

Frogs in and around pool

Postby Mercedes » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 03:27

We get frogs in our skimmer every night. They usually are babies. A few embryos. And one huge one dead on the bottom of the pool. Our pool is an in ground pool. Heated. And chemicals go in a a automatic chlorine filter. They don't seem to croak. If so I don't hear them. I have both cats n a dog out there. We don't leave the pool light on either. We have no clue where they are breeding and ending up in our pool. We scoop them out if still alive which is usually, and they burrow in the lawn down to dirt. Even tho we keep our grass cut short. We don't have any other water source that they can breed in n we have never found any breeding of the frogs either. Just the one time small young frogs just passed considered tadpoles. Have no clue how to prevent this problem! :wtf:
debifuller8

Frogs in and around pool

Postby debifuller8 » Fri 20 Sep, 2013 02:44

I am having same problem with loud frogs at night. It is 3:40 a,m. and not able to sleep with the noise from those frogs :evil:
clancey7695

Frogs in and around pool

Postby clancey7695 » Thu 26 Sep, 2013 08:16

This my be mean but I had had it with these frogs keeping me up at night. Plus attracting snakes to my yard. So last night I took a BB rifle put pellets in it not BB's and killed the big male. I didn't hear one frog last night. I'm hoping the females will hear another male calling them and move on. I had tried catching him for about a week with no luck. Hope this helps
clancey7695

Frogs in and around pool

Postby clancey7695 » Thu 26 Sep, 2013 08:19

This might be mean but I had had it with these frogs keeping me up at night. Plus attracting snakes to my yard. So last night I took a BB rifle put pellets in it not BB's and killed the big male. I didn't hear one frog last night. I'm hoping the females will hear another male calling them and move on. I had tried catching him for about a week with no luck. Hope this helps
Slimracer2014
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Gunite, 20,000 gallons, sport pool, sand filter, Hayward pump,
Polaris, double skimmers

Frogs in and around pool

Postby Slimracer2014 » Fri 23 May, 2014 20:47

The frogs will return if you just throw them over the fence! Get a trash sack...a deep garbage bag...and round tongs and capture them one by one. Relocate them to the park pond or a lake. Then skim for little egg "strips" or u will have a batch of tadpoles next. This must be repeated a couple of times but you won't have noisy nights or poisonous items like mothballs...that will kill a cat or dog...around. Good luck
frogs are driving me nuts

Frogs in and around pool

Postby frogs are driving me nuts » Thu 05 Jun, 2014 23:54

I'm going to get mothballs and some vineger first thing in their morning there like 100 frogs around the. Pool in the evening and I get so tired of picking them out so thanx Darla I've been looking for some kind of solution for 4
30 mins on here now

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”