Black pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
mikewaf1948
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16x32 inground, with vinyl liner, sand filter. The pool is black, i haven't opened it since 2009, I took the cover off Monday, and got every thing up and running, and added 5lps. shock tuesday. The pump has been running for 24hrs., the pool is still black.

Black pool

Postby mikewaf1948 » Wed 30 May, 2012 08:15

I have a 16 x32 inground vinyl pool, with a sand filter. The pool has not been opened since 2009, Monday I took the cover off, on Tuesday I got everything up and running, I added 5lbs. of shock, and left the filter run all night. This morning , I went out to look at the pool, and it is almost as black as it was on Sunday. What can I do now?

rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Black pool

Postby rosalind » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 00:21

mikewaf1948 wrote:I have a 16 x32 inground vinyl pool, with a sand filter. The pool has not been opened since 2009, Monday I took the cover off, on Tuesday I got everything up and running, I added 5lbs. of shock, and left the filter run all night. This morning , I went out to look at the pool, and it is almost as black as it was on Sunday. What can I do now?

Well, black pool is the worst form of algae. Black algae tends to form in cracks/crevices in the pool surface. This algae comes with roots that are so powerful and also shell which are very much vigilant leads to damage the chlorine. To reduce this problem the main factor is to have perseverance. You must use wire brush to spots fast and now directly apply some chemically on the particular area.
mikewaf1948
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16x32 inground, with vinyl liner, sand filter. The pool is black, i haven't opened it since 2009, I took the cover off Monday, and got every thing up and running, and added 5lps. shock tuesday. The pump has been running for 24hrs., the pool is still black.

Black pool

Postby mikewaf1948 » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:36

I don't think a wire brush will do the trick, other than the fact it will probably destroy the VINYL liner, and then i would have to replace the liner, as well as the water.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”