The cost of installing pool cover

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jamesPet
I'm new here
I'm new here

The cost of installing pool cover

Postby jamesPet » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 16:15

Hello guys, I am considering to buy a pool cover of my own but my regular contractor told me the cost of installation and now I wonder if I should still do it. I was going to by midwest canvas cover. My pool is a rectangle 16 by 32. Is it true that a cover should be bigger than a pool? What would be the cost to install it? Thanks.

Ydhtbiotsao
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14' round Above Ground, placed below ground for retired wife; no danger deck collapse or rickety ladder. Chain Link fence limits dangers.
For 5 years has INTEX 15' round vinyl cover easily attached using my diy rig-up. Plugged the holes so it floats on the water. This summer use cover floats on the water to maximize transfer of solar heating 68 F to 103 F.
Visiting this website in hopes of finding a reasonably priced 24' round WINTER cover to put over my 15' round trampoline frame which surrounds the 14' pool frame. Cover not attached to trampoline frame; I check several times a day to make sure it doesn't blow off. Can raise or lower or tip trampoline frame.
So far it seems as if all of the winter covers are produced by an ai program that thinks it knows how to anticipate everything. Last year’s is shredding. Temp gets well below 0. Want to keep the water. Looking for a good solid (waterproof) 24' round winter cover.
Big no. INFLATION INTENDED TO LOSE US so govt. can run our lives.

Re: The cost of installing pool cover

Postby Ydhtbiotsao » Fri 28 Jul, 2023 13:46

I don't know, but no one else has replied. I imagine you would think the cover should at least somewhat bigger. Seems like it should be a bit higher in the middle so the water and debris will wash off. Higher and bigger might make it easy to hose off without dirty water draining into the pool.
For me, I would like 5 feet overhang on all sides. The reason is to help keep that cold breeze from freezing me to death. Well, forgot to say, I have a 14' round above ground pool that I put below ground. I can raise of lower my cover quite a bit so we can swim and walk around under it. Of course I do not plan to attach the cover to the cover frame (which is a trampoline) because I do not want the trampoline to take flight. If the cover blows off - tough - I'll just have to put it back on. During the winter I do plan to nail it down somehow.
Finally, I have seen the cost of pool supplies go down near the end of the summer. However, being a winter cover, the price might go up. Anyway, good luck. And you can pray for me too. I need to get one - I'm thinking a waterproof canvas.
custompoolfilter
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We make Pool Filter Covers, timber boxes to cover your pool pump and filter. All of our covers are custom made to your exact size needs and specifications. Our covers are made from Western Red Cedar and come complete with Stainless Steel Struts to hold the lid up (like the boot of your car) and it's all put together with Stainless Steel hinges and screws. Call us for a quote, nothing is too difficult!

Re: The cost of installing pool cover

Postby custompoolfilter » Thu 10 Aug, 2023 16:51

Hello! It's a good idea to invest in a pool cover for maintenance and safety. Pool covers are often slightly larger than the pool to provide proper coverage. For your 16x32 pool, consider a cover that's a bit larger to ensure effective protection. As for installation costs, they can vary based on your location and the cover type. It's best to get quotes from different contractors for accurate pricing. Midwest Canvas covers are reputable, but installation costs can include labor, materials, and any additional features.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”