Bands/straps coming up on oval above ground pool

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
Toprelaxer97

Postby Toprelaxer97 » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 17:54

We have had a pool installed last week and within a day all three band/straps came up about 1-2 inches with the pool fully filled. I called the installers and they came back and and had me drain the pool. They removed the liner and "adjusted" the straps and installed a foam piece over each of the straps. They said this would protect the liner from damage should the bands/straps come back up. SO I filled it once again and while it is much better the foam does cause the bottom to come up a little and you can still feel the straps/bands just not as much. So I am wondering if this is normal and okay or do I need to contact the installers/pool company? I have not found much about this online and just not sure if it is okay.

Poolspotpro
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Poolspotpro » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 14:39

Hi. I'd say this happened because when the pool was built, the bottom track at the straight sides were set a little too far in. When the pool filled, the weight of the water pushed out the wall slightly which drew the connected straps underneath straight and displaced the earth resting along the top of the straps upward. This can also be caused by not burying the straps enough and they become exposed when the pool is filled. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. It's a common mistake and won't harm the pool structure. They came back and added protection for the liner so you are good except that vacuuming may be a little more of a pain.
I've built, repaired, and maintained all types of swimming pools for 30+ years. This is my install site http://www.centralfloridaabovegroundpools.com

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”