Bosco390
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Aloha Fiberglass Pools
Mystic
14 x 33 x 6

I repaired crack in our Aloha fiberglass pool

Postby Bosco390 » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:42

I posted this link in my other topic, but thought I would post it as a separate specific topic, to show how I repaired the crack in our pool. In brief, the structural crack was causing water loss in our 5 year old Aloha pool, and over a period of about 7 months both the manufacturer, Aloha Fiberglass Pools, and our contractor, Jim Beagles Construction, declined to do any effective repair. So I gave up and did it myself.
I did some dumb things that I do NOT recommend, but this is merely an account of what I did. Hope it is helpful to someone.
http://pwp.att.net/p/PWP-poolrepair
Thanks for looking.

AGfamily

Postby AGfamily » Wed 28 Nov, 2012 18:24

Hi Bosco390,
We appreciate the information regarding repair of your fiberglass pool. We too have an Aloha Fiberglass pool installed in 2002. Over the years, the gel coat has chipped and we had noticed a bump in the bottom of the pool about 1/2 way to the deep end. We have a Mira Largo style which is one of the largest styles. About a couple months ago, a crack in our pool has formed and a second visible bump. Not sure if we can drain the pool because we would have to drain it half way. We are located on a slope so the likely hood of any ground water would be none or very little. We too have had NO response and zero help from Aloha. Not sure what to do at this point. We had a pool and spa repair person come to take a look and he really didn't feel comfortable draining the pool. We love our fiberglass pool but would NOT recommend a purchase from Aloha. Any suggestions. Would love some help.
Bosco390
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Aloha Fiberglass Pools
Mystic
14 x 33 x 6

Postby Bosco390 » Sat 15 Dec, 2012 21:21

Hi AGfamily,
I am so sorry, but I do not know what to tell you... I am no expert on this, and had our crack been on the bottom of the pool, as yours is, I don't know what I would have done. I would get the opinion of some experts, even if you have to pay them for that opinion, and then I would most likely hire an attorney to address the problem with either Aloha or your contractor who did the install. Best of luck.

AGfamily wrote:Hi Bosco390,
We appreciate the information regarding repair of your fiberglass pool. We too have an Aloha Fiberglass pool installed in 2002. Over the years, the gel coat has chipped and we had noticed a bump in the bottom of the pool about 1/2 way to the deep end. We have a Mira Largo style which is one of the largest styles. About a couple months ago, a crack in our pool has formed and a second visible bump. Not sure if we can drain the pool because we would have to drain it half way. We are located on a slope so the likely hood of any ground water would be none or very little. We too have had NO response and zero help from Aloha. Not sure what to do at this point. We had a pool and spa repair person come to take a look and he really didn't feel comfortable draining the pool. We love our fiberglass pool but would NOT recommend a purchase from Aloha. Any suggestions. Would love some help.
techman
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Aloha Fiberglass

Postby techman » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 15:44

The BEST fiberglass swimming pool repair company is TNT Pools in Oklahoma. He specializes in fiberglass and gel coat repairs and he is an Aloha Fiberglass dealer for that area. I have seen his work and you would be
amazed. He is definitely worth calling! 405-620-0431I know he has done work out of state.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”