pool user brian wrote:the model i have is the 8220. I quess it is the same as the 8110, but in holland we have 220 volts, and in the us 110 volts ??? thats the only different i quess, because it looks completely the same. The problem i have is that it gives no error code at all. It seems that the machine is wordking normally, time is counting down and it even displays 93 when its finished. The only problem is no chlorine and the green led won't go on. It isn't broken, i've tested it. Because nobody had an answer, even Intex had no clue, i bought a new one today. And it has the same problem, so i quess the machine is allright but there is something wrong with the pool. The salt is good, the Ph is good, there is a good flow of water, what else can be wrong.
Have you manage to fix it?
Got the same strange issue this summer since the pool opening.
Last summer my Intex 8111 SWG worked flawlessly.
This year the pump is running, the power LED is green but the chlorine LED is not green and no chlorine produced at all. No error codes, no other issues. It runs for the programmed time and then goes to standby (code 93).
What I have tried:
1. Measured voltage on the cell (0V), on the rectifier output (AC 24V), after cell control relays on the control circuit board (0V).
2. Tried to rewired cell wires to bypass the control circuit board. This way chlorine is produced. This seem to prove that the cell is good and the transformer is supplying enough power to the cell.
3. Tried to swap all possible components (flow sensor, cell, control circuit board, rectifier, LED panel, power board) from another 8111 unit that had a transformer failure in the past. No change. The same behavior persists, no chlorine produced.
4. Disconnected the flow sensor. The unit gives correctly the code 90.
5. Measured pH, salt level, chlorine in the water. Everything is normal. The salt amount added is the same as the previous year.
It looks like for some reason the control circuit is not willing to enable the relays that give voltage to the cell. I would think that this is a control circuit board failure, but the board swapped from another unit of the same age (4 years) produces the same result....
I am lost ...
Any suggestions would be appreciated