Pool vacuum issue

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
dhawk52
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: approx. 25,000 gallon with a diving board.

Pool vacuum issue

Postby dhawk52 » Fri 24 Aug, 2012 21:24

I am a brand new pool owner and I have had an enormous problem with green algae most of the summer. My pool was very green and cloudy. I hired a pool company and they were not able to make it headway with it. I finally went to Home Depot and bought some green to blue. I put it in the pool and let the filter run for a couple of hours and then shut it off over night (as instructed). The next morning the pool was clear and fairly blue, however, there was a lot of dead algae on the bottom of the pool. I hooked up the manual vacuum and began to sweep the bottom, however, the dead algae began to filter back into the pool through the jets. I have been told it could be holes in the filters (don't think so, as they are less than a year old and I have not seen any holes). I did notice a couple of small cracks in the manifold/bottom collector. Could this be it, or could it be something else?
Thanks for any and all information.

RoseF

Pool vacuum issue

Postby RoseF » Sun 09 Sep, 2012 12:24

I was having a similar problem and was told that vacuuming the pool through the filter will allow very small particles of algae back into the pool through the returns. It was suggested that I vacuum the water right OUT of the pool...siphon it, basically, onto the ground...and then fill to the proper level with clean water. Just a suggestion.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”