brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
msdotty67
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18'x42" easy set pool...

Converting Easy Set Pool filter/pump to DE filter/1hp pump

Postby msdotty67 » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 09:28

Hello. I purchased a 18' x 42" Easy Set pool. It comes with an inadequate filtration system. So I decided to convert the system to a DE filter and 1hp pump that I had from my metal walled pool that rusted out. I'm trying to figure out the easiest/best way to add DE to the filter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Wed 05 Sep, 2012 02:26

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

A 1 horsepower pump to a 18 x 42 pool? That's overkill. It is my hope that nobody gets close to the suction line and gets hurt, maimed, internal extremities pulled out or fatal accident, because the suction of that pump is incredibly strong. I am completely serious here.
If you have a strong stomach, Google search "Anti-entrapment drain cover" or just take my word for it.

Anyways, to answer your question, take your DE filter apart with the lid off. If there is water in the filter, try and drain out as much as you can.
If you have a bucket, fill it up with the measured amount of DE, then add water until you get milky white water. Be sure to stir it with your hand. pour the mixed DE water directly into the filter and seal the filter back up.
That's how you put DE in the tank if you have no other way to pour it in a skimmer.
johnkennady

Postby johnkennady » Fri 02 Nov, 2012 14:00

Triton sand filters from Pentair are the right choice if you have a relatively large swimming pool at home that needs heavy duty sand filters for pool that will run for prolonged life. One of the best examples of Pentair filter line is the Triton II side mount filter.This Triton II sand filter from Pentair can be available for sale in online at a discounted price that can save more (about $1000).To use this link for more information about the sand filter http://www.swimmingpoolsandfilters.biz/ ... ii.html....

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”