or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
justden
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Indoor fiberglass saltwater geothermal heat

Blue fiberglass turned white

Postby justden » Sat 15 Sep, 2012 19:29

I have a fiberglass pool, indoor, saltwater and geothermal. When I purchased the home the pool had not been taken care of very well, it is blue fiberglass but had turned mostly white under the waterline, and had alot of coffee brown staining on it as well. The past owners maintenance plan was to shock it when the water looked bad. The pool was filled with well water (high iron) I found that asorbic acid would remove the brown stains, then I drained some water and refilled with softened water. I installed a Mineral Springs salt water system to get away from the strong clorine smell and reduce maintainance, what a great improvment. Here is my problem, the pool surface is still white, I thought it was bleached from the past owners shocking treatment (no pun intended) but it is chalky and the pool is cloudy and I can't clear it up. Is this a calcium and or mineral problem? I have drained half the water out and have tried cleaning the white off the walls with no luck.
Clearly I'm in over my head, I could sure use some help if anyone has any ideas.
Thanks, Dennis

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”