Healthy swimming.

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
Thomas152
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Surfing

Healthy swimming.

Postby Thomas152 » Thu 20 Sep, 2012 06:07

Nobody who swims inside your pool must have to concern yourself with her well being. Whether an individual treat your personal water, run computerized equipment or possess a pool service, you ought to test the water yourself one or more times a week, more often with weighty use. The National Share Foundation recommends free chlorine amounts between only two to 4 parts every million, a new pH concerning 7. 4 and 7. 6, calcium solidity of 250 to 400 ppm and also a cyan-uric stabilizer amount of 30 to 50 ppm in an outdoor share.

Barolac14
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Healthy swimming.

Postby Barolac14 » Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:57

Here are very valuable post about pool, i'm conform that mostly person have no idea about these tips to keep water clean. Chemical ingredients play vital role to kill germs and harmful viruses from pool water.
preeti22
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Healthy swimming.

Postby preeti22 » Fri 26 Oct, 2012 07:22

pool sanitizing is important part for healthy swimming. chemicals like chlorine and bromine make water clean but its residue in water makes water unhealthy which can harm to swimmers, so it is best to use another sanitizing methods like ionizers, mineral sanitizers, ozone generators, ultraviolet sanitizers for healthy swimming.
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: Healthy swimming.

Postby paulbest » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 22:08

Your pool water is delicate, and in order to reach perfect pool harmony, it must be balanced. Balancing your pool means keeping the pH of the water between 7.4 and 7.6, which is slightly above neutral on the pH scale.

There are 3 main ingredients to keeping this balanced: pH, alkalinity and calcium hardness.

pH: 7.4-7.6

pH alone is unstable. Rainwater, swimmers, and just about anything that enters the water can affect the pH level. When pH is low, it means your water is acidic, and when it’s high, you water is basic.

To give you an idea of how pH works, our tears are pH neutral. If they had a low pH, it would burn when we cried. And if the pH was high, it would dry out our eyes.

Alkalinity: 100 to 150 ppm

Alkalinity is a pH buffer, meaning it helps to keep the pH from drastically moving up and down the pH scale by absorbing major changes to the waters before affecting the pH.

Calcium hardness: 200 t0 275 ppm

it may not really be important but it as well play vital role. Adding calcium hardness to your water will help protect your pool walls and equipment in the long run. However, too much calcium can cause scaling and other issues.

Sanitation: CHLORINE - 1-3 ppm

this is an effective bacteria and algae killer.
Poonamdpi
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Poonamdpi » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 01:12

Hello,
For healthy swimming, you should put chlorine in the pool's water. It protect you from the bacteria and the germs.
SDorsey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby SDorsey » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 05:21

Well said Poonam.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 15:32

The majority on the information on this thread is wrong. Sometime when I am not to busy I may write and correct it.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”