Algae growing between tiles only

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
richclarkee

Algae growing between tiles only

Postby richclarkee » Tue 27 Jun, 2006 03:24

Hi everyone, new pool owner. Below ground 6x4m, here in Sunny Spain.

Seemed ok for the first few weeks. Ive now switched to the 4 chemical tablets because Ive noticed algea [well i guess it must be] starting to discolour between the tiles in patches on the walls and floor. The floor water is crystal clear but its starting to worry me.

Can someone give me a simple step by step process to try, Ive tried scrubbing/hoovering then running filter overnight but. It comes back in places every few days.

All suggestion welcomed. Regards.
RC

witsend

Black in between tiles.

Postby witsend » Sat 15 Jul, 2006 04:01

:(

Hello richclarkee

I live in Spain and I have exactly the same problem as you. I have tried everything to get rid of the black in between the tiles. I did have a pool man and he kept the black clear. I finished him cos I wanted to do the pool myself and save 74 euros a month. One pool shop recommended chlorine granules dropped over the patches of black. This does work for a time but then the problem comes back in a couple of days. I have also tried the algaecide, which didn't touch it. There must be something I can get to solve this problem. Its almost as if it is a trade secret and the pool men don't tell you because they want you to use them. Is there anyone out there who knows the answer to this problem.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”