Green Pool With Foam

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
jmayhallfb23
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15,900
Saltwater
Vinal
Sand Filter
3 Jets and a nice pump not sure what pump tho.

Green Pool With Foam

Postby jmayhallfb23 » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 10:32

Hello All,

I have looked around the site a while before i have created an account and decided to just ask others.

I have a 15,900 gal vinyl pool with sand filter and its saltwater. I don't know the water levels off hand but i will have them soon on this thread.

The issue is i went to the pool store and tested my water and I just bought a house with a pool and it was green. I have been to the pool store and gave them my story and they gave me a plan to follow.

Add the stabilizer directly into the skimmer slowly to make sure it doesnt clump up.
Add 5lbs of chlorine then add banish 32oz one bottle and let pump run for 48 hours.
Add all at once is what they said.

I did a month ago and the pool foamed up at the top and to this day when i turn the pump on it looks like white cloudy water is poring out of the jets and about 10 to 15 miuntes after the pump is turned on the foam comes back and to top that all off the pool is still a light green where I can see the bottom of the shallow end but not the deep end. I think i can see about 4ft down maybe 5ft. When i turn the pump off and let sit for about 5 6 hours the foam is all gone and I can then see the shollow end of the pool but when I turn the pump back on the foam returns lol.

Any ideas and I should have the levels posted soon.

jmayhallfb23
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15,900
Saltwater
Vinal
Sand Filter
3 Jets and a nice pump not sure what pump tho.

Green Pool With Foam

Postby jmayhallfb23 » Wed 17 Apr, 2013 08:48

Up Date.

Chlorine Levels were high and Hardness was low but everything else was right and no issues.

Dealing with the foam tho. I went to a pool store in town and they told me to use a blue block of gel in the skimmer with a Pool first aid bottle poured directly into the skimmer and let the pool run for 24 hours.

I woke up this morning and the foam is still there and the gel block is about half way dissolved but then i am to take a water sample back up there and test it again.

Im thinking i might have to Replace the sand in the filter and maybe drain the pool to fix what has happened to my pool any ideas? Im compleatly at a loss of what to do now. Anything information would be awesome.
sadface

white cloudy water comes out

Postby sadface » Sun 19 May, 2013 10:07

we have an 18000 gallon swimming pool. The problem is that white cloudy water comes out of ports; we conditioned it, we shocked it, we vacuumed it & the problem continues. The water is still green. Please help

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”