Pump on but no water pumping out

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
exilegod
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby exilegod » Tue 30 Apr, 2013 19:28

Hey everyone,

it was really windy outside yesterday so i turned off my pool's pump. However, today when i went to turn it back on , the pump came on but no water came out of the jets. Any ideas? The pump is running as i can hear it, but the water just won't come out.

What should i be looking at?
Im not the person who usually handles the pool duties so im clueless ! :((( :lol:

exilegod
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby exilegod » Wed 01 May, 2013 13:10

desperately need some help or advice :((
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Wed 01 May, 2013 13:30

Exilegod,

Sounds like your pump may have lost its prime. Have you tried filling the pump with water and re-starting it?

If you have never had to do that before, it's real easy. First, check and make sure your suction valves are open, and that the water level in the pool is good so you aren't sucking air through the skimmer.

With the system off, remove the lid on the pool pump and let the hose run into the pump for a minute or 2 until it is good and full of water. Secure the lid back on the pump and turn it on. You should see the pump drawing water as it fills up and starts pumping back into the pool. Once it appears to be running at full prime, make sure you bleed the air out of the pool filter (there should be a little bleeder valve on top of the filter) and you should be back in business.

I'm sure you can find a video on Youtube that can walk you through this. Hope this helps!

-CG
exilegod
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby exilegod » Wed 01 May, 2013 17:18

thanks it worked!

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”