Green stains on liner impossible to remove.

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
delta
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x40 12000 liters/ 32000 gallons, Goldline Aqua Rite salt system, Hayward pump, generic pool noodles!

Postby delta » Sat 11 May, 2013 23:34

First off, I apologize if this has been asked a million times.

I have an in ground '20 x '40 120000 liter 36000 gallon pool with an AquaRite salt system.

Last year I started to notice green patches on the liner. This year much of the bottom is stained. The green stain is neither rough nor slimy. It does not come of with an aggressive brushing however I have noticed that if I drop a rock of salt on a patch of green it will lighten. Last year the pool was run with the water temperature quite high all summer and there may have been inadequate chlorine. The readings were in the norm all summer but I have since read that the chlorine level should have been a bit higher with the warm water. Perhaps this was a contributing factor.

Last week I brought the PH down with PH-, shocked 1 hour later then added HTH algaecide 60 an hour after that. That did not help. Today I tried using three times the usual amount of shock and so far nothing has changed.

I have not tried acid. I am thinking that the chlorine should have killed and gotten rid of anything already. Is it possible that what I have is not algae?

None of the pool stores nearby have a solution. They keep trying to sell me product after product.

Any ideas?
Thank you,
Delta

JTP

Postby JTP » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 22:31

Are you still having this issue?
delta
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x40 12000 liters/ 32000 gallons, Goldline Aqua Rite salt system, Hayward pump, generic pool noodles!

Postby delta » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 10:10

Yes I am still having this issue however I have figured out what it is. It seems to be rust. As vitamin C tablets remove it easily I'll treat the pool with ascorbic acid. Just doing some research on that now.

Have you had any success on your end?

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”