Pool with non internal filter, fresh water, no chrloine

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
poolnofilter
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 45ft x 15ft x 4ft deep
no internal filter
fresh water

Pool with non internal filter, fresh water, no chrloine

Postby poolnofilter » Fri 17 May, 2013 02:44

Hello Everyone!

I live in China, but am originally from USA.

I have a beach bar (southern part of China) that I lease from a hotel on the beach. The hotel has a pool and my bar guests regularly use the pool. I have a few questions that I would be EXTREMELY grateful if someone can help answer.

The pool does not have any kind of internal filter. The hotel gets free water from the mountain and they use 2 external filters to filter the water before putting it in the pool. They start filling the pool on Thursday, it finishes on Friday, the pool is used on Sat and Sunday, and they drain on Monday. Basically it is a huge bathtub. They don't use chlorine or anything. Depending on how well the 2 external filters are working and how much recent rain, the water can be very clear or somewhat clear. Then depending on how much it gets used on Sat and Sun, it can start to turn a bit dark.

Is the current water scenario safe and can you recommend some ways to keep the water looking crystal clear?

I looked at buying a pipeless ladder filter. Is that a good idea?

Also, could/should we add some chlorine and would that help keep the water looking clear?

Any other ideas or things that we must do to ensure it looks good and is safe?

Is the fact the water is changed so often (once per week) prevent any type of potentially harmful bacteria?

I know it is such a waste that they change the water so often, so maybe you could recommend some ways to stop this if we add certain equipment, etc?

The size of the pool is 45' long x 15' wide x 4' deep

Thanks for anyone's help!

Regards,
Greg

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”