Pool filter draining hot tub, can't find proper valve to sot

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Jim34747

Postby Jim34747 » Mon 27 May, 2013 14:19

We are new to this home, never had an in ground pool. This one has pool and hot tub. This morning I went out to try to switch the jets to the pool from the hot tub. Got confused and started turning all the filter controls. Now the pool is draining the hot tub, and I can't stop it. Shut the filer off , wooried I would damage it as hot top is almost empty. How do I stop it from draining the hot tub?

This all started because I noticed the pool was starting to look green, thought it had something to do with the hot tub jets only running.

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Mon 27 May, 2013 15:01

Hello Jim,

If you could post a photo of your pump & filter setup, that would be a big help in explaining how to set your valves. Basically you want to open the pool suction (skimmer & main drain) and close off the spa suction. On the return side, you want to split the water flow between the pool and spa. This will keep the spa full and overflowing into the pool.

If your spa is draining, you most likely have the spa suction open with all your return flow going back into the pool.

-CG

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”