Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
cardelein
I'm new here
I'm new here

automatic pool cleaners

Postby cardelein » Tue 07 Jun, 2005 07:38

I want to buy an automatic pool cleaner. Are they worth it? and what are the best brands to buy for an in the ground pool

Gov
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

automatic pool cleaners

Postby Gov » Wed 08 Jun, 2005 16:45

Do you have a ladder in your pool?

If you do, it will get stuck behind it & you will constantly have to keep an eye on it...

Save your money & vacuum it yourself, it is faster anyways!
AquaticEscapes
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby AquaticEscapes » Sat 20 Aug, 2005 16:17

I recommend the Dolphin Dynamic with the remote control. A little more expensive, but you can guide it to that spot in the pool that always gets missed. You'll be glad you purchased one. Just drop it in in the evening and in the morning, all clean...pull it out, clean the bag every three or four cleanings, store it away until the next time...
Pool Cleaner

Automatic pool cleaner

Postby Pool Cleaner » Tue 27 Dec, 2005 15:10

The Dolphin is good if it's within your budget.

If you prefer a non-electric I would go for a Kreepy Krawly or Barracuda.
baltofan01
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I do not own a pool!

polaris

Postby baltofan01 » Thu 23 Mar, 2006 21:16

my grandmother has a ig pool and she uses a polaris 360. i would get a polaris. they clean your pool really fast and are good looking. not to mention the price! hope this helps :wink:

Postby Guest » Thu 27 Apr, 2006 12:26

I use a Blue Diamond. Its great! I just put in the pool and come back 2 hours later and the whole thing is clean...bottom, sides, and steps.
cuzzndon
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cuzzndon » Sun 04 Jun, 2006 16:49

Polaris, the best thing since sliced bread.
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:44

You can get deflectors for your ladders to stop the polaris from getting stuck behind your ladders. We install the 280 trax on all our gunite pools with no complaints, I have an Above ground with a polaris 65 and it is great, a polaris is an aid to cleaning the pool it is not a stand alone pool cleaner, you still must get the places it misses and also brush the sides, I know I have had my house and pool for 2 months, I had to physically vacuum the pool for the first time this week end and it wasn't much at all, 10 minutes and I was done. I recommend the polaris.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Fri 22 Sep, 2006 10:21

I have a Phantom by Hayward and it works great it cleans the entire pool top and bottom.

Postby Guest » Sat 19 May, 2007 10:21

I have been looking at the dolphin 2019. I do not have steps, only latters. Will that be a problem? If so, what do you recommend?
Thanks.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 19 May, 2007 15:50

I almost ordered a Dolphin, but I saw so many bad reviews of them over on other pool forums that I decided on a Blue Diamond. The Blue Pearl gets rave reviews, as well.

Also, the Aquabot Turbo T2 & T4 and Aquabot Viva and Aquabot Bravo get good reviews.

What is your pool surface? ie plaster, vinyl? If vinyl, definately get one that has PVA rollers instead of rubber brushes.

I just received my BD and have only used it once, but so far so good.

The nice thing about these types is that the crud goes into it's own filter bag instead of through your filter. Reduces backwashing. They also filter down to 2 microns, so depending on your filter, your water clarity should be enhanced.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”