Green above ground pool

The Pool Wizard, Nature2, the Frog and other mineral systems for
simpler pool care. Non-chlorine Pristine Blue, Rainforest Blue and similar.
Joan

Green above ground pool

Postby Joan » Sun 02 Jul, 2006 10:43

We are ready to bulldoze our pool under. No matter what we try, the pool will not get cyrstal clear and is now very green. We have shocked it several times. I vacuumed the pool completely yesterday and shcoked it again and it is still green. HELP! :(

Pooltech32
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Pooltech32 » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 00:39

Sounds like a filter problem, it is on filter right? how much shoch are you using?
Pool repair guy
noni2001

Re: Green above ground pool

Postby noni2001 » Tue 18 Jul, 2006 10:52

Joan wrote:We are ready to bulldoze our pool under. No matter what we try, the pool will not get cyrstal clear and is now very green. We have shocked it several times. I vacuumed the pool completely yesterday and shcoked it again and it is still green. HELP! :(

ours is green too--our above ground pool and we have shocked it too. what should we do.
mamcwifey
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Green above ground pool

Postby mamcwifey » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 14:24

noni2001 wrote:
Joan wrote:We are ready to bulldoze our pool under. No matter what we try, the pool will not get cyrstal clear and is now very green. We have shocked it several times. I vacuumed the pool completely yesterday and shcoked it again and it is still green. HELP! :(

ours is green too--our above ground pool and we have shocked it too. what should we do.

okay- is it slimy green or is it a clear green?
slimy green indicates algae, clear green indicates minerals in the water. both are curable, so don't rent that bulldozer just yet.
*mamcwifey
angie

Green above ground pool

Postby angie » Mon 02 Mar, 2009 18:30

I have had a lot of luck with Saltwater Pool Systems. It may be too late for this, but I have the Intex Saltwater Pool System and I haven't had to shock my pool since. It's pretty simple and just uses salt. Might be worth looking into?
sally

Green above ground pool

Postby sally » Tue 03 Mar, 2009 06:25

We add bleach to our pool every day and have never had a big problem. I believe it is all balance and prevention.

I think the salt chlorine thing works so well because it is putting chlorine into your pool every day. So whether it's automated or manual, daily chlorination does prevent algae and green pools.
jeff48201
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex AG Pool
SWG Chlorine Generator

Green above ground pool

Postby jeff48201 » Wed 01 Apr, 2009 17:14

Angie - is the SWG easy to maintain? It seems sort of "set it & forget it" but I am always a little leery of things that you just "forget". Our friends have an in ground salwater pool and I really like the feel of it when you swim but I didn't know that you could get that for an AGP.
dorfan

Green above ground pool

Postby dorfan » Thu 02 Apr, 2009 02:01

You wrote:I didn't know that you could get that for an AGP

but your pool details show that you have an
Intex AG Pool (with) SWG Chlorine Generator

I don't follow!? :wtf:
jeff48201
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex AG Pool
SWG Chlorine Generator

Green above ground pool

Postby jeff48201 » Thu 02 Apr, 2009 14:17

Yeah, we just got it. I didn't realize until recently that they made them. I haven't set it up yet but I have been curious as to the "ease of use" that people talk about. It was pretty cheap on Ebay so I just picked one up.
patriciathore
I'm new here
I'm new here

Green above ground pool

Postby patriciathore » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 04:58

Why is it green? I guess its crystal green, hmm, i think you should clean it everyday until it become crystal clear. Just be patient and choose the right materials to clean your pool.
"All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath."

Swimming Pool Filter | Swimming Pool Pumps
Brendt

Green above ground pool

Postby Brendt » Sun 13 May, 2012 09:28

Hi, if you don't already have a solution..try this.If your AGP is 30,000litres or around 7000 gallons you need to
1) backwash and rinse your filter (if it is sand) or manually clean it if it is a standard filter system.

2) you most likely have bad ph levels (it needs to be around 7ish) so put 1 kg of chlorine into the skimmer box (if it is cheep chlorine it is carried in chalk so dissolve it in warm water and pour into skimmer 1 cup at a time) dont put the sediment in particularly if youe filter is a sand filter because sand and calcium make cement and you have a sand filter you do not want a cement filter they just dont work very well haha!.

3)Put in 2kg of buffer (booster)to stop your chlorine dissipating.

4)Put in 700milliliters (700ml) of liquid antifungal, this should be copper based or silver based (pour it around the pool extremity, around inside the pool edge.

5) Get a clarifying block (or similar but you need a clarifier of some sort) and take it out of the packet and put it inside the skimmer box. And add 500 grams (1 pound approx) of bi carb soda.

6) Give your pool a quick scrub concentrating on the worst areas and leave the pump on for 6 hours.

7) that should be about it, put the creepy crawly on (if you have one) and if after a few days the pool is not crystal clear then add another clarifying block. Just maintain your pool by putting in 500grams of chlorine per week.

Obviously if your pool is bigger than this you will have to work out the amount of product based on the larger amount based on a fraction eg, if your pool is 14,000 gallons (60.000 liters approx) then double what I said etc or if your pool is 10,000 gallons then use 1.5 x the amount comprende..

All the best,
ps , My name is Brent I am from Australia and I saw you had this problem so if I can help I will....I did not do it to gain anything. However if you care to pray for me I will be much appreciative. All the best and happy swimming my friend. ; ) B. :wave: :thumbup:
Ramoncat
I'm new here
I'm new here

Green above ground pool

Postby Ramoncat » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 14:41

I just had my above ground pool liner replaced and used Patrick from:

Kelseys Pool Service
2 McDewell Ave
Danvers, MA 01923
978 273-3072

I highly recommend them.

Return to “Swimming Pool Mineral Systems”