Chlorine/auto chlorinator

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
steq184
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Chlorine/auto chlorinator

Postby steq184 » Mon 03 Jul, 2006 10:21

I have a Waterway inline auto chlorinator, i have put the tablets in and made sure they are flat on the bottom, the chlorine level is very high, so I turn the knob down a little, but this does not help, have done this numerous times and the knob is almost in the off position. I find this problem everytime i put tablets in, any ideas, it seems that the chlorinator is a total waste of time to be honest.
regards
Steve

Pooltech32
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Pooltech32 » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 00:21

could be your dial is toast, add 1 puck at a time.
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 08:23

How big is your pool? Is it the right size cholrinator for the size pool and motor? And also check the valve is working properly.
cbswh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cbswh » Tue 18 Jul, 2006 20:43

The way mine works is, the dial actually determines how much water is in the chlorinator. When the dial is wide open, the chlorinator 'tank' is full of water, thus all the tablets are in contact with the water. Turning up the dial allows more water in, but turning down the dial doesn't force any water out. Make sense? So if you need to turn the dial down, first you have to shut off the pump, open the top of the chlorinator and let the water drain out, turn down the dial, put the lid back on, then turn the pump back on. Now the chlorinator will only fill up partially with water, depending on where you set the dial.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”