Possible alternatives to Vinyl liner?

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
magnabyte

Possible alternatives to Vinyl liner?

Postby magnabyte » Tue 04 Jul, 2006 01:07

We are located in Hudson Valley, NY and have an inground pool. Standard 16X32 rectangular type. We purchased the home with the pool and soon after found the liner was in need of replacement. The pool was drained to half in an attempted liner repair. Unfortunately the liner had way too many small holes and previous patches. We also found that the previous owner used concrete to surface the pool instead of plaster, and it doesnt look as though they did a good job as their are many small chips in the concrete. The upper rim of the pool is the standard steel wall with foam covering. My question: Is it possible to resurface with a new coat of concrete then use pool EPOXY instead of a Vinyl liner? Or is there some other alternative to a vinyl liner? Asking partly to the expense, but mostly due to reliability of a Vinyl liner (the 30MILs are pretty pricey) Any and all help appreciated. Thanks

butkusmi

liner replacement

Postby butkusmi » Sun 16 Jul, 2006 22:13

Pools are like a boat except in reverse. A boat is a hole in the water in which you pour money. A pool is water with a hole in which you pour money. A new liner should last 10 - 15 years. For the $2400 that it should cost to replace that is less then $200 a year.
Nciswimmingpools
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Shelley Pools has over 40 years of experience providing in ground, concrete, indoor, built in, and infinity pools, in new york, hudson valley. Our focus on quality and aesthetics has made us one of the leading providers of high-end pools in the community, which is why we are the top choice for many of your neighbors.

Re: Possible alternatives to Vinyl liner?

Postby Nciswimmingpools » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 05:31

Shelley Hill has over 40 years of experience providing in ground, concrete, indoor, built in, and infinity pools, in hudson. Our focus on quality and aesthetics has made us one of the leading providers of high-end pools in the community, which is why we are the top choice for many of your neighbors. you can look us up.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”