pool stains

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
ron

pool stains

Postby ron » Wed 08 Jun, 2005 06:58

our Florida, in-ground pool that is only 16 months old always looks dirty. the shell is stained. the pool company that serviced the pool for the previous owner claims it is "mottling." the pool builder looked at it and claims it is "hydro staining."
it looks like the pool will have to be drained and acid washed.
whose responsibility is it for the repairs? i know this isn't enough information to make a decision.
any thoughts on determining if someone is at fault?

suzie

pool stains

Postby suzie » Sun 21 May, 2006 13:33

help! I have the same problem. What did you do?

Suzie

gonebeachen@msn.com
Frank

Mottling stains

Postby Frank » Thu 22 Jun, 2006 23:39

Help! I had my pool replastered two years 3 months ago
and three weeks ago I noticed the same mottling effect on the
walls and suface of the pool. My pool man says he does'nt know
what it is or what could have caused it. Is acid washing the only
way to remove these stains? FRANK in Los Angeles
jw

brown stains

Postby jw » Sun 16 Jul, 2006 01:21

My PH on my pool was too low and when I tried to raise it, the water turned green and stain the walls and floor of my fiberglass pool a brownish color. The water is now clear but it looks green because of the stained walls and floor. I have been searching the internet for a solution or what could have caused the staining. I know it is a metal but did not know which metal. I read today that if you take a vitamin C tablet and rub it on the stain and the stain comes off, then that means it is stained from iron. The treatment is citric acid, one pound to every 5,000 gallons. I went out and bought the citric acid but I have not put it in the pool yet. When I rubbed the vitamin C on the stain, it came off and was pretty blue underneath. I will put the citric acid in tonight. It's definitely worth a try. Once you put it in, you will have to readjust the PH and the chlorine level because it strips the pool of all chemicals. It is supposed to clean the staining within a day, I think.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”