Clean Cloudy Pool? Please help!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
tyes
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: plaster pool, 33,000 gal pool on a "L" shape. Deepest at 8 ft - 2 ft. Sta-Rite Pump with a cartage filter.

Postby tyes » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 14:20

Clean Cloudy Pool?? Please please help??

FC - .5
TC - .5
PH – 7.2
TA – 80
CH - ?
CYA - ?

Yesterday Leslie Pool checked and said everything was perfect and to add 7 pounds of Fresh N Clear and First Pool Aid Clear! Did that and nothing happen.

My pool is 33,000 Gallon!

Using LESLIE POOLS supplies:

Power Powder Pro SHOCK
Fresh N Clear
Chlor Brite SANITIZER
Muriatic Acid
Alkalinity Up
First Pool Aid Clear
Filter cleaner spray

Filter:
STA-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter System with BRAND NEW FILTERS

During this process. no one is swimming and pool is still in cleaning process.

Summary of issue:

Green swap pool in the 100+ degree weather of Central California.

Day 1:Test water and PH was super high. Add 1.5 gallon of Muriatic Acid.
Day 2: Test PH and was 6.8-7.2. Then shocked it with 7lbs of shock (Power Powder Pro SHOCK).
Day 3: Pool is turning blue. Check PH the next day and added 7lbs of Chlor Brite SANITIZER.
Day 4:Pool is completely blue but very cloudy. All # of chemical is rite and bought a Brand New Filter. Found out TA was a little low during the process added Alkalinity Up and brought to 80. And ran the filter for 2 days.
Day 5: Filter is clogging, PSI went up to 25psi on a new filter. Took it out and sprayed it down. Lots of gunk and dead algae. Put it back in and clogged again in 15 mins. Took it out and sprayed it with Pool Filter Cleaners. And worked out perfect. Ran pool for 24 hrs no clogging.
Day 6: no result test water again and pool is doing fine. Took it to Leslie to make sure we have the same reading and we did except for CC was off. Added Fresh N Clear ran it for 18 hours and added First Pool Aid Clear. No result! Pool is still cloudy or foggy. But completely blue.

tyes
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: plaster pool, 33,000 gal pool on a "L" shape. Deepest at 8 ft - 2 ft. Sta-Rite Pump with a cartage filter.

Postby tyes » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:22

anyone??

Turn off pool for 2 days hoping all the particles would settle to the bottom, but NO. Pool looks the same. Out of ideas guys.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 01:39

100 Reasons for Cloudy Swimming Pool Water. You reported 0.5 ppm FC and an unknown CYA level. The cloudiness may be algae (sometimes its cloudy instead of green, especially in earlier stages).

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”