Caretaker dome filter full of debris every day

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Bdette
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6500 gal pool. de filter. spaand pool attached by small overflow opening. caretaker pop up system

Postby Bdette » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 17:14

Hello, I am a fairly new pool owner. Had a problem with pressure and the pop up heads. CLeaned the dome filter inside the quick release area. And everything seemed fine for a few weeks. Over the last 10 days, I have had low pressure again and have had to empty that filter every other day. Once I do this everything works again for a day or 2. This doesn't seem normal, never had to clean it in the previous 5 months of owning the pool. I am not sure where this debris is coming from. Thank you for any help. :)

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 07:37

Hi Bdette,

Are you talking about the metal screen filter in the dome getting clogged up? Check your pool filter. you could have something wrong there that is allowing debris to pass thru and get caught in the trap. It could be as simple as the filter just needs a good cleaning, or possible you have a small tear/hole in the filter element.

That screen trap is there to do just that - catch debris and keep it out of the mechanism that controls your pop-ups. If the filter checks out OK, maybe nothing is wrong and there's just more debris getting into the pool this time of year. Part of the normal maintenance for your pop-ups is to clean that filter.

-CG
Bdette
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6500 gal pool. de filter. spaand pool attached by small overflow opening. caretaker pop up system

Postby Bdette » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 11:47

CG- Yes, I did mean the metal screen. I will check on the main pool filter. Thank you for your help!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”