Issue with my Hayward H Series Millivolt natural gas heater

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
DMP55
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x30 inground pool w/ a Hayward heater.

Postby DMP55 » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 13:29

Hello,
First off great forum. A lot of great info for a new pool owner. We recently purchased and moved into a home with a inground pool and I am having an issue with my Hayward H Series Millivolt natural gas heater. I took off the front panel to access the gas valve. It turns out that I am missing the ON/OFF/PILOT knob. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement knob? All the online stores I have found only sell the whole gas valve not just the knob. I don't want to spend $200+ if all I need is the knob. Attached is a pic of the gas valve. The section in color is what is missing. I live in Ontario is anyone knows a local place. I am hoping to have the heater going for a house warming party this weekend so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for any feedback.
Derek
Attachments
hayward_haxgsv0001_ng_gas_valve-1.jpg
hayward_haxgsv0001_ng_gas_valve-1.jpg (80.92 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 10:31

Hello DMP55,

I checked a few of my books, and I don't think you will be able to purchase just the knob. If you have the time, you may want to visit a few local pool shops in your area. If they have techs that go out and do repairs, chances are they may have a few old heaters just sitting in their yard waiting to be scrapped. You might be able to convince them to let you have a look and see if you can strip a few parts out of one.

I checked my "graveyard" to see if I had any old hayward heater parts but unfortunately I don't have what you are looking for. Anytime I pull a heater/pump/filter off a house I strip it for any good parts before scrapping it.

Keep your eyes open though, maybe one of the techs on this board might just have what you're looking for sitting on their truck or in their own graveyard.

Best of luck,
-CG

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”