Cloudy swimming pool water?

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
dannimick
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dannimick » Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:28

Hey guys,

Hoping i can get a few tips on how to look after my Salt Water Inground 60,000ltr pool. I dont know much on how to run a pool and normally rely on taking my water sample in and then just following what the pool place recommends. Our pool was left until about a week ago so ill write down what we have done so far and go from there:

Last week: Water was clear but sides, bottom etc was thick green algue. Back flushed, cleaned filters, did shock chlorine treatment, added a heap of chemicals and salt going by what the pool shop instructed me to do.

Yesterday: Algue all died from chemicals added last week, but water looked very cloudy so i took another sample to the pool shop and they said i needed to add more chlorine and water clarifying tablets which i did.

Today: Water is still very cloudy (can only see to second step) and when i was brushing then bottom to try find the creepy crawley the water on top started turning green obviously still green algue at bottom?

I havent had the creepy crawley going at all just had the filter running full time. I have plenty of chlorine, floc, water enhancer, clarifying tablets etc but as i said completly clueless as to how to fix this problem.

Hope this makes sence and someone is able to help me, we are all hanging to go swimming :)
Thanks in advance.

aliciapadgett
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby aliciapadgett » Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:13

I thought this can be due to excessive chemicals and may be you have not cleaned it at regular interval.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMSUNY ... zcxMQ/feed for proper cleaning of pool.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”