Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
prop
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Large floor tiles for a pool

Postby prop » Fri 27 Dec, 2013 09:26

we have a pool in southern mexico that was built 8 years ago.it`s concrete and was painted with marmalena which is a ground marble mixed into the paint.it`s suppose to last forever but it`s time for a resurface.the pool is 15 x 5 x1.5 meters.so only one depth .i know a couple of people that have used regular floor tiles on the floor and walls.i would put the small pool tiles on the steps.slipping on the floor is not a concern because of the depth.whats the pros and cons?thanks

stevelindsay
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: mm

Postby stevelindsay » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:53

Installing a particular type of flooring for your house can be confusing. It is so because of the availability of a large number of alternatives. Vinyl flooring is one of the simplest choices that can be used in flooring your bathrooms, kitchens etc. The durability, affordability and also with the availability of large number of choices, they are considered as a popular form of flooring. The available designs, colors and the process used in manufacturing makes it one of the best flooring alternatives.
Fun in the Sun
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Fun in the Sun » Sun 11 May, 2014 19:04

If you are building a pool then use pool tile as much as possible. Pool tiles are more durable than the usual tiles we use because they can stand being soaked in the water for long and are even well suited to resist heat from direct sunlight. Even if it's shallow, you can never tell when it's become slippery and one advantage of using a pool tile is it's slip resistant. Sometimes it's better to spend money as long as you are buying high quality materials than saving some that could only last for just a couple of times.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”