Pool chlorine amounts

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
PoolNovice78
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10 ft by 30 inches driclad fast set pool 3638 litre capacity

Pool chlorine amounts

Postby PoolNovice78 » Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:36

Hi, just need a little help as my user name suggests! I've got a vinyl fast set inflatable round pool that's 30 feet by 30 inches. It hold just above 36000 litres and I'm stuck on how much chlorine to put in it as a weekly dose. The brand of chlorine is Hi-Chlor Granular pool chlorine (active constituent: 650g/kg available chlorine CI present as Calcium Hypochlorite

I've tried the pool calculator and other forums/user posts but I can't decipher all the levels and quantities! Can some please just tell me how much chlorine I should put in per 100 litres?!?!

Thanks in advance! :crazy: :wtf: :roll: :?:

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Pool chlorine amounts

Postby chem geek » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 01:59

According to The Pool Calculator, in 36,000 liters you would need 112 grams (roughly 109 ml volume) of 65% Cal-Hypo to raise the Free Chlorine (FC) by 2 ppm which is the typical daily loss for an outdoor pool exposed to sunlight. However, you really need to be measuring your actual FC level to know how much to dose. Also, you won't be able to dose only once a week for an outdoor pool. You'll need to add chlorine every day or two since sunlight breaks it down quickly. This assumes you don't have any automatic feeder.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”