Hayward Xstream Cartridge Filter

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
ahrjmr
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have an above ground round 24' pool that is 52" in depth. It has a sand filter.

Postby ahrjmr » Wed 05 Feb, 2014 07:42

I am looking at the Hayward XStream 150sqft filter with the 1.5HP Matrix pump. Does this filter and pump turn over 57,600 gallons in 8 hours? The reason I am asking is that I was looking at a Hayward Easy Clear Cartridge filter and it stated I would be good for a 24' x 52" pool but the cartridge was only 55sqft. So how good is the information on the brochures?

Would it be feasible to install a "Gate" valve where the discharge plug is on the bottom of the filter? I want to be able to put a hose on the gate valve to divert the water coming out of the filter where I want it to go.

Thanks,

Jim

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 08:42

Hi Jim,

Your filter can handle up to 100 gallons per minute. Your pump maxes out at about 90 GPM. So yes, the equipment you have is sufficient to turn the pool over in 8 hours.

-CG
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 08 Feb, 2014 08:02

CG & Jim

I don't want to criticise but I think your calculations are incorrect as it will only turn over 43,200 gallons in 8 hours
Going by your filter and pump rates you would need an output of 120 GPM to turn the water over in 8 hours
However if the pump runs for 10 hrs 40 min instead of 8 hours you will get the correct result

Please let me know if i'm wrong

Dennis

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”