Leak with low pressure

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
gumbi17
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 1200 Gallon pool with spa and water feature. Standard chlorine with Hayward Super II pumps at 2hp.

Leak with low pressure

Postby gumbi17 » Sat 08 Feb, 2014 17:08

So I have been chasing a leak for quite some time. I had my pool lines where they turned 90 to head back to the pump area start puddling water. I had the pool guy come out and he found a return line was not able to hold 15 psi of pressure. So he used this recirculating liquid for 3 days that he said would re-coat the pipe and seal the small creak. Well when they were trying to use the expanding bags they moved some pebbletech and I found a 3X1" piece in the filter basket by the Hayward Super II pump. Now our normal overflow from the spa to the pool is almost non-existent and we are only able to get 14 psi on the pump where we normally had 22 psi. If I change over to spa mode the 22 psi is showing on the same filter gauge. Do I still have a cracked pipe? It is not leaking like it did before but I am now getting air in the line when I check the filter. Or do I have more of a problem with the pump due to the pebbletech?

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”