Spray-on coatings?

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
Jackson1
I'm new here
I'm new here

Spray-on coatings?

Postby Jackson1 » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 14:10

Hey everyone, I'm new here but this seems like quite an informative forum and an overall good community, to boot.
So I was hoping that you could help me out with something that I've been mulling over for a while.
Thing is, I don't take very good care of my truck and my boat. Oh, I try, but they always end up dinged and scratched up. Mostly through fault of my own, but also because I work with heavy things and things just end up getting dinged, scratched, and otherwise banged up.
A friend of mine mentioned, in passing, that you could get spray-on coatings that really toughened up the surface they were sprayed on, both for truck beds and other surfaces (like my boat's deck). But we just ran into each other, and didn't have time to discuss it further. What's more, I forgot about it until recently, when my boat's deck got a scratch from a piece of a piece of metal sheeting that I was transporting.
A few Google searches later and I found what he had been talking about, and what I was looking for. It's something along the lines of what this operation called Ameraguard is doing.
They offer spray-on coatings, from what I can tell originally for truck beds (which is fine, because I need that, too), but also for boats and other things.
I dug around, and they seem legitimate, but you can never be too sure, right? So I decided that this would be a good thing to ask y'all, if you had any experience with this kind of spray-on protective coating. It isn't a small amount of money to spend, because this thing is expensive. I'd be completely fine with spending money on a quality product that is a long-term investment, but before that I want to do all the research I can.
Can you tell me about the material that it's from? What is it based on?
For those that have got the spray-on coating, how much did you spend on the job? I heard that $500 is a good, normal price – is that so?
Heh, I just found an article from California about “tough guys” getting their whole truck sprayed. :D Now don't get me wrong, to each his own, but why do I get the feeling (seeing the fancy trucks these guys are driving) that these poor guys won't be driving around much more than their suburbs?
Anyway, thanks for any and all advice!

Hey, does anyone know about the service that this company - Ameraguard provides? (Spray-on coating?) I want to get it for my truck bed and boat, but would like to hear any and all experiences with it. Thanks!

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”