bugs

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
guest L

bugs

Postby guest L » Wed 08 Jun, 2005 23:07

I am also inquiring about a bug problem,, black bodied bugs,, long legs,, we have always called them "swimmers" as they swim down in the water and can be seen sitting on the side of the pool under the water or on the floor of the pool,, they bite,,,seem to appear from nowhere,, are very hard to catch,, any idea what these are?

Re: bugs

Postby Guest » Fri 01 Jul, 2005 10:48

guest L wrote:I am also inquiring about a bug problem,, black bodied bugs,, long legs,, we have always called them "swimmers" as they swim down in the water and can be seen sitting on the side of the pool under the water or on the floor of the pool,, they bite,,,seem to appear from nowhere,, are very hard to catch,, any idea what these are?
we have these bugs that are black and I have never seen them bite, but I am not sure. They hang around by the ladder and the bottom of the pool. When we catch them and bring them out of the water they jump and we kill them. what are they???
Kim

Backswimmers

Postby Kim » Wed 06 Jul, 2005 11:51

These buga are called backswimmers, there is more info on them is another section. Good luck
katsu1123

Postby katsu1123 » Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:41

they r called boatmen, and live on algae. i looked it up when i had them in my pool. they seem to keep coming back, but they haven't biten as of yet. to find them on the internet put in water bugs.
OnceBitten

poolbug

Postby OnceBitten » Sun 07 Sep, 2008 23:43

I know this is an old thread, but one of these water bugs bit the crap out of my arm today in my pool. Stun like crazy, I've had a problem with these bugs coming and going in my pool, first time I've been bitten though. Made a small welt, but it has gone away by evening.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”