Using high sulfur well water to fill pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
waynevan
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12,500 gallon gunnite pool

Postby waynevan » Thu 29 May, 2014 13:13

Howdy all. We just bought a house in Southwest Florida with an in ground pool that looks great, but cyanuric acid is very high and I can't even get a free chlorine reading after several days running the auto feeder for 8 hours a day. The level of chlorine in the feeder is going down, so I know it is going into the pool.

I get that I need to drain of a bunch of water and refill to get rid of it, my question is my well water. Our well water in Connecticut was pretty awesome right out of the well and easy to set up for our pool up there.

Florida well water is a whole 'nuther story however. If I take water from the outdoor faucet that is before all the water treatment equipment it is very high in smelly sulfur and if I remember correctly from the home inspector, iron too. That brings me to my question.

Can I use this stuff untreated to refill up to a third of the pool without causing problems? It seems like a lot of unnecessary use of the water softener, aerator and iron filter and whatever the heck else we have out there to use filtered water, but if I must, I must. What do y'all think?

Wayne

waynevan
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby waynevan » Thu 29 May, 2014 20:44

Nobody?
waynevan
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby waynevan » Fri 30 May, 2014 12:47

190 views.

I'm using filtered, aerated, softened water, screw it. I kinda thought I might find some expertise here, guess I was mistaken.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”