Cloudy Water in a Salt Pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
free info

Postby free info » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 23:25

How long are you running your pool a day? When it's summer time the pool should run min. 8 hrs to make enough chlorine sometimes longer depending on use. Whats your conditioner at? When is the last time you cleaned your filter?
When your pool gets cloudy the first thing you want to do is shock the pool with liquide chlorine as a salt system can not do it. So adding enough chlorine to go 3-4 times the normal range is what you do to shock your pool. You have to run your pool 24/7 until clear checking the chlorine shock level to keep it high.
Know if you have a DE or cartridge filter sized correct you would never have to flock your pool unless you have a cheap sand filter that makes pool problems take way to long compared to the DE/cartridge.

Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: surface

Postby Adolfsmith69 » Mon 04 Nov, 2013 06:29

It can be complicated deciding which pool is best for your family. Many questions revolve around salt-water pools or chlorine free pools. Salt-water pools are NOT chlorine free pools. A salt-water pool is simply one that utilizes a chlorine generator. Chlorine generators have been around for decades, and as technology and materials continue to evolve, they continue to improve in performance.

Re: Cloudy Water in a Salt Pool

Postby Dan202006 » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 14:44

Okay I solved my cloudy water issue for my saltwater pool first I started by cleaning all the filters really well you have to have a good filter system secondly make sure you have enough salt in the pool if all your chemicals are good levels I would shock your pool again I added liquid clarifier and shocked my pool and it cleared right up if you don't have enough free chlorine in your water that is what's causing your pool to be cloudy make sure you are running your salt generator for it adequate amount of time I ran mine on boost mode for 8 hours and it cleared up

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”