or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
dlgrigg
I'm new here
I'm new here

Lime Green

Postby dlgrigg » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 18:34

Hello all,
I have a pool that is lime green and perfectly clear hopefully I can attach a photo. So here' the problem I've checked for metals and find none, water is balanced and we used metal out products and nothing is affecting the green any though or advise would be appreciated. It is not algae pool has been shocked nothing is changing the color. Don't see that I can attach photo so imagine a pool with perfectly clear water but it's lime green and you can see clearly to the main drain.

89Sunshine

Lime Green

Postby 89Sunshine » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:36

Did you find a solution? I am having the same exact problem. Stain removers aren't working. Tried baking soda, didn't work. Please help if you know the answer.
jash

Re: Lime Green

Postby jash » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 23:57

Hi there - me too. Did you sort a solution? :?:
Pool Guyy

Postby Pool Guyy » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 03:11

Hey Jash

We need your pool numbers-
Free + total chlorine
pH
Alkalinity
Hardness
Cyanuric acid
Pool type
Water temp
When did the water turn green and what happened around that time?
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby paulbest » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 03:09

bodies of non-moving water tend to collect bacteria and algae which grow over time and can change the color of your pool. A green pool is a dirty pool and the level of effort put into keeping it clean depends on how long the buildup has been allowed to progress.

Green water is most often a sign of algae, not necessarily bacteria, but different pools have different bacteria that can affect the water. If the pH balance of the water isn’t in the right place, it will allow bacteria to flourish, leading to further discoloration. If the pH level is too low, the water is acidic and over time, it will erode plastic and metal components. A pH level that is too high will not kill bacteria and will allow scale buildup of calcium and other minerals.

If the pH level of your pool is good but you still have green issues, it is the result of algae buildup and the pool needs an extra dose of algae remover. Different brands have different instructions for use, but you should always start with a minimal dose and increase it, as needed.

as you have mentioned, you applied shock to your pool but still nothing happens, try shocking it with a large dose of chlorine and algaecide. allow it to sit in the pool for 24 hours to kill off the algae and bacteria. after 24 hours, clean the pool and return back the PH for continued use.

moving forward, regularly maintaining your pool is the best practice such as vacuuming the bottom of the pool regularly, scrubbing the walls, skimming the surface to remove debris, regularly maintaining the filter system, regularly checking the PH level and adding more chlorine. and for best result, it is recommended to check the water everyday to keep algae and other bacteria from becoming a problem.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”