Cloudy water comming out the jets while backwashing

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
richinkentucky
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16X32 inground, Hayward 2400 DE filter

Cloudy water comming out the jets while backwashing

Postby richinkentucky » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 16:55

New pool owner and I'm stumped, so hopefully some of you veterans can help me? I had a new liner installed this spring, so material on the bottom now shows up easier. Anyhow, after I vacuumed to waist today, due to some accumulation of a small amount of DE on the bottom, I decided to backwash and reload the DE. I digress, I have been having a DE leak problem for about a week now. I had a crack in my manifold, so I ordered and installed an new one, still had the DE getting back in. Then I cleaned out the pump completely and purchased and installed all new filter grids. Still had a small amount of DE getting back in and settling on the bottom. Not much, but it was bothering me that I had spent the time and money to replace the grids and manifold and it was still getting in. Back to today, after backwashing a couple of minutes today I turned around and noticed cloudy water going into the pool from the return jets. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull what little hair I have left out.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”