Cloudy water but all required chemistry levels fine

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
steviebmadrid
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: SWG system; 60 cu m, 24,000 gals; in-ground; tiled/grouted; zodiac tripro ph and free chl apparatus; 1 hp pump; sand filter;

Cloudy water but all required chemistry levels fine

Postby steviebmadrid » Thu 17 Jul, 2014 03:54

i am a newbie and this is my first summer in charge of my very own pool. I have a swg pool of about 24,000 gals in-ground and am using a zodiac tripro system to regulate ph and free chlorine. understanding the relationship between the ACL setting on the tripro has been interesting and there is clearly a gap in the explanatory literature to make this properly user-friendly. however after various false starts and second guessing i arrived at a crystal clear water giving ideal values for ph, free chlorine, cya and ta. my strips dont test for calcium hardness. the pool shop had analysed my water earlier and told me it had no calcium worth talking about and provided me with a tub of hardener which i have not yet added. just before going away for a week recently i put my young son to work with the vacuum cleaner but the tube wasnt filled with water and presumably the air went thru the system (i know this is bad) and the jets pumped a whitish cloud into the water. i presumed this was a backwash somehow. anyway 2 weeks later and there is still a cloudiness that doesnt seem to go no matter how long i leave the filtration on for.
is it lack of hardness? All my values are still nicely healthy.

IneedHelp
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 50 m2 overflow pool
85 m3 water
sand filter

Re: Cloudy water but all required chemistry levels fine

Postby IneedHelp » Fri 06 Nov, 2015 11:25

When my pool goes cloudy I add some flocculant and after the dust settles I vacuum it to waste. I lose some water but I know my sand filter can't handle the fine dust we sometimes get, especially the desert dust that sometimes gets blown her from hundreds of km away.

Ian
free

Re: Cloudy water but all required chemistry levels fine

Postby free » Tue 08 Dec, 2015 11:27

I know it's months later but how long are you running your pool? Depending on the amount of people going in, salt pools need to run 8-10 hrs in the summer and along the way you still need to shock the pool once a month. Another thing that can cause problems is a dirty filter & depending on the type you have you may need to clean DE/Cartridge filter or backwash the sand filter.
Once you have the pool clear then you can start looking at fine tuning the rest of the chemicals.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”