Pool Level Low and Won't Refill

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Ebunn1

Postby Ebunn1 » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 15:54

I have an automatic pool level assembly. The float valve works properly and refills the bowl where the float vale is located, but the water level in the float valve bowl will not flow to the pool to raise the pool level. I have run a snake through the line between the pool and the float valve bowl and there are no obstructions. I can also remove the water from the float valve bowl and water from the pool will fill it, but the water in the float valve bowl if it is higher than the water in the pool will not flow to the pool.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue and if so, how did you correct it?

Thank you for any advice you may have on this issue.

Ed

TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:57

It's not possible; if water from the pool is flowing into your auto-filler bowl, you have flow. Sometimes the flow OUT from the bowl into the pool is not rapid as the flow back IN to the bowl. Pool water has more volume pressure behind it than the tiny volume of the filler bowl. Simple physics.

Just for maintenance, flush out your filler pipe from the bowl to the pool with a high pressure nozzle on the garden hose. Just place the nozzle into the tube and see if any sludge/algae blows out.
Ebunn1

Postby Ebunn1 » Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:29

Thank you for responding. I am not a physicist, but I too believe the dynamic of the issue is not possible given the physical properties of water. Nevertheless, it occurs. I will try to flush the line between the bowl and pool as you suggest with a hose or pressure washer. I have had two local pool service companies look into the issue and neither one of them can figure out why the pool will not stay filled when everything seems to be working properly and the line has no obstructions. Again, thank you very much for your reply.

Ed

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”