Intex saltwater system

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
thumpercolt
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a 16x32x52 intex pool with a sand filter pump and a saltwater filter. I tested the TA level that was 240 plus and ph was 7.8 It is a new pool set-up and had not been used yet. What do I need to do to get it ready for swimming?

Intex saltwater system

Postby thumpercolt » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 11:40

I am taking my pool down for the season, and I have a intex saltwater system with a sand filter pump.I found that it had a white salt or calcium build up quite regularly throughout the summer. I had to clean it every other day to keep it working so my water would stay clear. Can I add another saltwater system inline and give me the double cleaning or would that not be good?

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Re: Intex saltwater system

Postby Larry » Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:46

It would be better to solve the current problem rather than add superfluous equipment or chemicals to your pool.

Intex says:
INTEX wrote: Why did I find white flakes in the pool water?
Because excessive calcium is present in pool water. You can drain about 20 to 25% of the pool water and add fresh water to decrease the calcium percentage. Visually inspect the electrolytic cell for scale build-up and clean the electrolytic cell if necessary.
on this page http://www.intexcorp.com/28663eg.html

Have you measured the pH, total alkalinity and hardness of your water? These can influence if and how much scale is produced.

Larry

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”