well water in pool

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
kathy

well water in pool

Postby kathy » Thu 13 Jul, 2006 21:13

We just moved into a new house with well and septic. We filled the pool with water out of the hose, and it is orange! I am guessing it is the iron in the well water. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the color? Thanks.

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 14 Jul, 2006 14:56

I don't know of a way to get rid of the color unless you die the whole pool blue, other then that I don't know.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Postby Guest » Fri 21 Jul, 2006 16:00

You need a product that will remove metallic staining etc..here in canada there is a product called MSR...Metal stain rust remover I believe...It works great.
8 russet

closing pool (have well water in pool )

Postby 8 russet » Sun 07 Sep, 2008 08:20

I'm closing my pool, this week ,and I have well water in the pool.
I understand that there is something I should add to the water as it is well water. Please post this information.
Thank you
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sun 07 Sep, 2008 18:33

The M.S.R. product mentioned in an earlier post is a chemical named ADPA. Some other metal sequestrants use a chemical called EDTA, but the most common use a chemical called HEDP. Both ADPA and HEDP (both are variants of phosphonic acid) are more effective than EDTA. So just look at the ingredients for metal sequestrants (there are many different brands). Some brands with HEDP include Jack's Magic, GLB Sequa-Sol and Proteam Metal Magic.

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”