Chloromatic ESR 300 displays wrong reading

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
perthkevin
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 68000 Litres,fiberglass

Chloromatic ESR 300 displays wrong reading

Postby perthkevin » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 07:21

Hi, all.
I am new to this forum. I reall need your help. I've had a big problem with my chloromatic ESR 300 . It displayed 60 on output reading two days ago, but both of the led lights were still GREEN.
Based on the user manual, this reading should be around 100. If the reading is below 96, one or two of the led lights will be RED.
I did the backwash, cleaning cell and checking water chemistry. Everything seems OK but the reading still says around 60. How can I get the reading back to 100.
Do any of you have any thoughts on this matter? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Re: Chloromatic ESR 300 displays wrong reading

Postby Larry » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 08:22

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum

The display showing 60 does seem strange as this would seem to indicate chlorine production at only 60%. If this is the case then the cell life may be dramatically reduced. But the fact that both LEDs are green also suggests that the system is working as expected.

I assume the unit is not in winter mode.
How old are the cell and the control panel?

Larry
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Postby Larry » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 08:42

Kevin

The user manual states the following:
Output readings on the DIGITAL DISPLAY can fall due to any (or combination of) the following: cooler water temperatures, warming of power pack (in heated equipment rooms for example), lower than normal power voltage, low salt levels, scaling occurring on ‘Cell’.

Provided LED 1 and LED 2 are both GREEN ( and the ‘Cell’ is not scaling excessively), your ECO-matic is performing (producing) satisfactorily.

Still doesn't help demystify your situation.

Larry
perthkevin
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 68000 Litres,fiberglass

Postby perthkevin » Thu 25 Feb, 2016 07:00

Thanks Larry for your quick reply.

I send an update this morning but I can not find my reply after sending. I am sorry for that. I am still not familiar with posting the message. So I have to send it again.
My unit is not in winter mode. The cell is 14 months old and the control panel 4 years. Water temperature is about 28 C as it is summer season here. The unit is not in the room, just outside. I also measured the voltage of power supply which is 240 V. The salt level is about 5500 and there is no visible scaling on the cell plates. I really have no idea what is the cause for the situation.
Looking forward to getting your further comments and suggestion.

Kevin

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”