Black Stains

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Black Stains

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 11:12

Hi
I have a problem with black staining on my fibreglass pool
It's not related just to the fibreglass because it is happening in the plastic weir as well
Attachments
IMG_0208.JPG
Weir Stain.JPG
Weir Stain.JPG (93.1 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

pedro12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Black Stains

Postby pedro12 » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 07:23

There are several causes of stains for a fiberglass surface just like any pool surface. Top of the list are imbalanced chemicals or minerals, high levels of metals or foreign objects can all stain the pool. In my pool, one of the main causes of the bathtub ring around my pool was oily swimmers and sunblock. Before you ban your swimmers from applying sunblock; the bathtub ring can be removed with Clean & Perfect enzyme cleaner to dissolve it before your eyes, naturally. To prevent bathtub rings, try Pool Magic, to remove oily gunk from the pool – it really works!
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 09:00

Hi
Thanks for your input but as you can see it's not a bathtub ring and the chemicals are in balance
We don't use any sunblock as it is a covered pool
pedro12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby pedro12 » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 04:16

Oh it's good that you have a covered pool. All the things seems okay than you should consult with some good pool contractor in your area.
hba1120
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12' * 18 oval swimming pool

Postby hba1120 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 09:30

There might be several reasons as to why this happen. It can be due to chemicals or imbalance o2 level . You should always have a regular cleaning done. Regular cleaning done bring about a lot of difference. Else you should try consulting your pool builder. It can be also because of low-quality material used.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 24 May, 2016 06:54

I have just finished clearing the staining with Ascorbic Acid (VitaminC)
If anyone is interested here is a link to the process
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/ ... tal-stains
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby paulbest » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 02:34

:wave: :wave: Most fibreglass pools will develop black-spot on the surface. This type of black-spot is not a bacteria but a mineral that bleeds from the inner skin of the fibreglass. Daily testing can help maintain the optimal water balance. It’s appearance can be delayed and controlled if the water Ph. is kept around at 7.2-7.4 and the total alkalinity needs to be at 80-100 parts per million. Maintain your chlorine at or above 1 ppm and the calcium hardness at 200 to 400 ppm. If any of these numbers get out of line, stains can develop. Simply restoring balance to your pool water’s universe is the easy way to prevent pool stains.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”