Fiberglass pool leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
Maggie52
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Viking Fiberglass free form Hayward filter

Fiberglass pool leak

Postby Maggie52 » Thu 12 May, 2016 16:51

Hi, We had a Fiberglass pool (Rockport) installed about 7 years ago. This pool has leaked ever since it was installed., can't call the installer because he skipped
town . We checked EVERY line, skimmer, pump, we even had a company American Leak Detection dive in to check for leaks or cracks, he found no leak. Our pool was backfilled with sand, don't know if this could be the cause of leaks, but the sand that was put all around the pool & tampered in, is missing (gone completely) from under the steps & all 3 seats, you can hear that it's hollow. Can someone PLEASE tell me what might be going on with my pool. Forgot to say we had a vinyl pool in that same spot for 30 years before dear husband said lets try fiberglass...ugh

BTW, if you live in California, beware, that's where our pool installer/dealer moved to & still ripping people off.

Maggie52
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Viking Fiberglass free form Hayward filter

Re: Fiberglass pool leak

Postby Maggie52 » Fri 13 May, 2016 08:06

ANYONE?????????
daviddallastx
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Fiberglass pool leak

Postby daviddallastx » Sun 22 May, 2016 14:02

Leaks can be really frustrating to find. Is it feasible to let it drain down to whatever level it wants to and then you will know at what level the leak is. I've found bad returns on a fiberglass pool and if your contractor was dodgy that is certainly a possibility. In the case I'm talking about they didn't use fiberglass returns so just had regular jets with flex PVC glued to the back and that joint right at the pool wall had failed. Pressure test didn't show anything because the bad spot was bypassed by the plug. It was really a visual inspection that finally netted it. Good luck to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”