Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
morefreckles
I'm new here
I'm new here

How to deal with the underground damaged pool and deck

Postby morefreckles » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 05:12

My husband and I just bought a home about 8mths ago. Got it for a steal and knew there were some issues because it's an older home, it had been foreclosed and sitting for a year. What we did not anticipate was that the pool would crumble and that the concrete decking would begin to crack and lift. We had some one to come out to look at the structure and we're told that proper beams were not put in to support the pool. We were told at that time that our options are to fill it in...break up concrete and push it all in pack it down and pour new surface and make a tennis/basketball court. Or we can rebuild it. Both are more than what we want to spend and we cant seem to shake the desire for a pool. So finally to my question. Can a sound anchoring structure be built at the perimeter of the damaged area so that an above ground pool can be placed there? I'm talking pier like over the hole and cracked concrete. We would build decking around the above ground pool, raised from the cracked existing deck. Of course we would have someone come out to assess what further shifting might occur and how far beyond the structure anchors should be placed because we are trying to avoid having to deal with the existing structure. Does this sound more costly? Or even doable?

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

EllenBaker
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: How to deal with the underground damaged pool and deck

Postby EllenBaker » Sat 17 Sep, 2016 07:11

Safety is more important than money. Identifying where underground the damaged is, is the hardest part. If you are not positive where underground the damage is then contracting a company to come in and identify it. Damage of the pool is really dangerous for the children. There has been a growing demand for safety poles all over the country. It's better that you should also go for pool fencing for the safety purpose. Last month my friend renovated his swimming pool with glass pool fencing at Sydney by getting in contact with sloaneaccessories.com.au. Pool fence is not a child or pet proof, but it provides a layer of protection for a child or pet when there is a lapse in adult supervision.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”