Cloudy pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
wake020810
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Code: Select all
[b]Problem[/b]: Round pool 24 x 48, 2 horse 300 pound sand pump. It has cloudy water, was green with algae shocked it, cleaned out a crap load of leaves, vacuumed and brushed still cloudy can't see bottom. Took sample to pool shop, everything number wise looked good except chlorine. Went back and shocked and vacuumed out and cleaned, did not clear so I shocked again, still not clear. Saw that the pump had been on recirculate instead of filter the whole time. Put on recirculate and put in two 12 lb bags of baking soda and pool has cleared a little but still can not see the bottom, this has has gone on for two weeks. My husband will not help, he feels he was made to put up a pool, but I have 3 girls that absolutely love to swim. I am at my wits end please help.
wake020810
[b]FC[/b]:
[b]TC[/b]:
[b]pH[/b]: 7.8
[b]TA[/b]: 180
[b]CH[/b]: 3.0
[b]CYA[/b]: 40

[b]My pool[/b]:
[b]Pool chemicals[/b]:
[b]My pump & filter[/b]:

Cloudy pool

Postby wake020810 » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 15:05

Code: Select all
Problem: cloudy water
I have been working on this problem for two weeks. Shocked and vacuumed, got leaf litter out of bottom, them shocked again and still not clear. I found that the pump had been on recirculate so I put it back on filter, figured it would clear up in a day or two, not so. I then bought 2 - 12 pound bags of baking soda and brushed the pool to mix up well, 24 hours later still cloudy. The pool was maybe a little clearer, but I still can not see the bottom. The pool place and my aqua check kit says water levels are ok. What do I do next?
FC:
TC:
pH: 7.8
TA: 180
CH: 3.0
CYA: 40

My pool: 24 x 48
Pool chemicals: pool place products
My pump & filter: 2 horse 300 pound sand filter

saovietxulynuoc
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I don't have swimming pool but my company specialize in water treatment for swimming pool

Re: Cloudy pool

Postby saovietxulynuoc » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 22:20

In my opinion, you should use PAC ( polyaluminum chloride) after shock swimming pool by chlorine, residue will settle to the bottom and then you use the sludge sucked away

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”