Green Pool - PLEASE HELP

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
ebecca79
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x36 concrete with diamond brite finish

Green Pool - PLEASE HELP

Postby ebecca79 » Tue 07 Jun, 2016 08:04

I could just cry as I type this.... we have desperately tried to resolve our pool issue and even found ONE pool service guy to come out but the issue has yet to be resolved... at this point we can't even find a pool service person in the York, PA area that calls back. I guess it is a very busy time of year. So here is the situation:

We have a water bag cover..over the winter is collapsed in the pool during a huge snow storm.

In May we opened the pool. Scooped all the leaves out over the course of 3 or 4 days and topped off the water supply. Fired the pool up. Everything went as planned so I assumed in a week the water would clear up with lots of backwashing and shock. I however, noticed the pressure on the DE filter was jumping to 30 psi. I backwashed and the water is crystal clear coming out. The suction at the skimmer baskets just seemed sluggish. After backwashing it would drop to 20 psi but within 1 hour it is back up to 30 psi or higher. I continued to backwash for 1 week NOTHING dirty or green ever comes out. I took the grids out and cleaned them 10 times in the past 2 weeks. (note I did not fully take them apart I just hosed them off and then let them soak a bit in a huge trash can. They looked clean when they came out).

We called a pool service guy out and he said the gasket in the multiport was bad. Replaced it. I let the pump run overnight after he replaced it. Backwashed in the morning...STILL crystal clear water coming out...pool is still green. Chemicals are balanced.

I'm at wits end. ANY help at all would be so greatly appreciated.

saovietxulynuoc
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I don't have swimming pool but my company specialize in water treatment for swimming pool

Re: Green Pool - PLEASE HELP

Postby saovietxulynuoc » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 22:26

Pool green algae is easy to handle. You can use algae insecticide or make chlorine shock, then use a brush pools

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”