Desperate For Help!!!!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
copchic
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex AG 24ft x 52in / 12,500 Gal / Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump with 2,650 gallon per hour flow rate / Zelbrite Filter Medium / Top Skimmer / Well Water Fill

Desperate For Help!!!!

Postby copchic » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 10:49

Hello All! I am desperate for help as this year I am having a horrible time opening my pool. Have had no real issues for the past 4 years (especially after having discovered Metal Magic for my well water and upgrading my pump).

Opened the pool this year like usual: Remove winter cover, dumped two boxes of Hth Green to Blue, came out next day and water was crystal clear with all the gunk on the bottom; Vacuumed to Waste all the nasty stuff out; Took water sample to pool store and purchased Metal Magic, Muriatic Acid as well as my regular pool shock and algaecide chemicals. After adding chemicals as directed and following normal process, Woke up next day to a greenish/blue pool.

So went ahead and added more algaecide and liquid chlorine (This is the first time I have ever used liquid chlorine!!!) with pump running as required. Another water test at the pool store resulted in PhosFree and Metal Free as well as another gallon of Muriatic Acid. Again added chemicals as indicated.

Woke up to blue cloudy pool water and can't see the bottom at all. Went ahead and shocked the pool again and kept filter running all day. Today I can somewhat see the bottom but still blue and cloudy. PLEASE HELP! It is supposed to be 90 on Friday and that is a rare occasion this early in the year in MN and I definitely want to be able to use my pool with the family.

I think that I have a major issue with my CYA because according to the test results the first time I had absolutely 0! But my pool store says not a big deal - of course there are new people working there and I think that they really don't have a clue but it is the only store around...

Here are my test results:

FC - .1ppm
TC - .1ppm
CC - 0.0ppm
pH - 7.2
Hardness - 776 ppm
Alkalinity - 170ppm
CYA - 2ppm
Copper - 0ppm
Iron - .3ppm

My Pool Info -
Intex AG 24ft x 52in / 12,500 Gal / Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump with 2,650 gallon per hour flow rate / Zelbrite Filter Medium / Top Skimmer / Well Water Fill

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”