Need help for pool sustainment

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
teamturtles
I'm new here
I'm new here

Need help for pool sustainment

Postby teamturtles » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 13:58

I'm a United States Marine and I have been tasked out with maintaining a 25m x 10m pool which is critical to our mission accomplishment. I have never maintained a pool before, if anybody could give any pointers such as which chemicals to use and the amount of chemicals to use that would be great. I have uploaded photos of the pumps and filtration system. If anybody has any knowledge of preventive maintenance or known issues with this system it would be greatly appreciated for any suggestions. I have uploaded the photos.
Attachments
IMG_0756r.JPG
IMG_0756r.JPG (35.75 KiB) Viewed 413 times
IMG_0755r.JPG
IMG_0755r.JPG (35.2 KiB) Viewed 413 times
IMG_0754r.JPG
IMG_0754r.JPG (36.27 KiB) Viewed 413 times

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Need help for pool sustainment

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 11:44

Get a water test kit
Liquid chlorine
Muriatic acid (Hydrochloric acid) a decent mask to prevent the noxious fumes and a means to aerate the pool to raise the ph. I use a decent pond aerator
If the pool is outside you may need some stabilisor (Cyanuric Acid).Your test kit will let you know what needs to be done
With these basic things you can keep the pool in balance
SDPoolGuy

Re: Need help for pool sustainment

Postby SDPoolGuy » Wed 15 Jun, 2016 17:53

It's pretty basic. Exactly what Dennis said. If you need further assistance check out my site. i have a step by step guide on how to maintain a pool.

Pool Service Chula Vista

http://www.chulavistapoolcleaners.com/

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”