Salt Water Pool Chlorine Generator-Hayward/AquaRite

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
Bill Barry

Salt Water Pool Chlorine Generator-Hayward/AquaRite

Postby Bill Barry » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 17:34

We recently purchased our home, which has a 15,000 gallon Salt Water Pool. After three months of cleaning the DE filter (4 times), shocking, getting the acid level correct, adding conditioner, etc, I focused on the AquaRite. That seems to be the issue.

Pool has a Hayward T-3 AquaRite Salt Pool Chlorine Generator. It is not generating any Chlorine. The power LED is green. The Generator LED is not on, nor are any other LEDs.

I have looked at many YouTube videos, but not one deals with this specific issue. Although several of the video titles suggest they deal with this issue (but they don't). I have looked at information and videos on the Hayward site, but no help there.

I cleaned the Chlorinator with a 25% solution of muriatic acid.

Several times I performed the salt level reset, but the click never happens, and the read-out never changes from -0.

Suggestions from another site include replacing the large black varistor, the yellow blade fuse, and the black salt sensor. However, they do not explain how the author knew these particular items were at fault. Not sure how to proceed.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Salt Water Pool Chlorine Generator-Hayward/AquaRite

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 08 Jul, 2016 05:05

What are your salt levels in the pool
I don't have a SWG but I have read that you need about 3000ppm to get the SWG working correctly

Return to “Chlorine”