Need help on where to plumb in a water line to supply slide

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
shenard
I'm new here
I'm new here

Need help on where to plumb in a water line to supply slide

Postby shenard » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 17:47

We are adding an SR Smith Turbo Twister slide which calls for up to 25 gallons per minute of water. Here is a picture below of my pool equipment and I have a few questions about where to plumb in the the line

1. If I add my 2" to 1 1/2" T fitting to the straight horizontal pipe (filter discharge) and then add a manual Neverlube Jandy valve to turn on and off the slide will I have any problems with decreasing the flow into the heater too much and have any flow sensor issues where my heater won't turn on whenever the slide is drawing water?

2. If I add the 2" to 1 1/2" T fitting to the vertical pipe (heater discharge) before the automatic chlorinator, will it get enough water pressure to the slide? Gravity pushes water down and my concern would be that I either wouldn't get enough water pressure exiting to the right?

If I add the slide valve in either of these locations do you guys think that I may not get enough chlorine to the pool since it would be pulling all the water pre-chlorinator? We will probably just turn on the slide when we are in the pool using it.

I was going to add a T to the existing return line but it is too tight without essentially cutting out all of the valves and redoing it all and that is a major PITA!

Thanks,

Scott

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Need help on where to plumb in a water line to supply slide

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 02:59

You don't have to put everything so close to the existing make a manhole adjacent to the pump, filter and heater. You are going to have to bury the slide pipe anyway
Why don't you just "T" into the return to the pool with two valves, one on the return and the other on the slide
This way your water is filtered, chlorinated and heated and you can adjust the flow to the slide

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”